16 February 2010

House Guests

One of my brothers is coming through town and will be here for a short visit tonight and all day tomorrow. I'm really excited to see him and to have him (and his friend) in our home. It's a rare occasion for my family to be able to drop by, so this is a real treat for me.
It's funny to notice myself as I prepare our house for extra guests. My house always seems big to me when it is just us. Then someone comes for a visit and I realize that they'll have to sleep in the living room on our sofa bed or recliner. Not the most ideal of situations, but that's what you get out of a 3 bedroom house that already has 5 people living in it.
I am also excited to get to show off my home. Not that it is a true gauge of how my loving and amazing husband provides, but it is at least a partial token of his devotion. I am also constantly in awe of the way the Lord allows us to have such a nice home and vehicles and to live a nice lifestyle. Sure, things can and do get tight at times, but what do you expect with retail? I'm just really grateful that the house IS big enough to have people stay, even on short visits, and not feel like we are sleeping on top of each other.
So, I need to get the house organized again so my brother and his friend aren't coming into chaos....it's also a great way to distract myself to burn through these next hours until they arrive.

No comments: