25 November 2009

Tears Guaranteed

It happens every year. I can't help it. And, it happened again today.
As I was driving around town today and listening to my Christmas-all-the-time station, a version of "I'll Be Home for Christmas" started playing. I can't listen to this version and drive. I don't know if the vocals are good. I don't know if the accompaniment is any good. All I do know is that the meaning behind this song is amplified a million times for me as soldiers speak their Christmas wishes to their families (here, I'm even choking up thinking about it) is plugged into the song.
BAM! Total tears. It just rips my heart out to think about these men and women that have made the decision to support our country in this manner. I sometimes feel selfish because I know I couldn't do it. These moms and dads and brothers and sisters are out there because of me (and the rest of the millions of people in the United States). They give me a gift 365 days out of the year; year after year. I truly do wish I could say thank you to every single one of them. Of course, they'll have to excuse the continual downpour of tears, but I'm seriously that grateful for them.
Any of you armed service personnel or relatives of such individuals, know that I am truly grateful for the sacrifice and service you provide! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!

No comments: