07 July 2009

Gianna the Silly


I'm sitting here with some one-on-one time with Gianna (a rarity indeed) while everyone else naps. She is trying her best to perfect the army crawl in pursuit of a pretzel. This girl loves her food, even if she can only suck on it.
I love my girls and it is nice to have the same gender following each other. The things that I missed with Emily because I was a new mom, I get to relish in with Gianna. Of course, they have very different personalities, but their milestones and discoveries still happen.
I laugh at this little tow-headed girl. When we finally decided on her name, we envisioned a dark-haired beauty. Although I think she is adorable, dark is far from her. She squeals and laughs along with us and if you even think about looking in her direction, she'll give you one of her characteristic huge smiles. Of course, that may be with or without an accompanying thumb in the mouth.
She loves her feet and is quite the wiggle worm. Sometimes she gets to feed herself with her bottle as we cradle her in the recliner. Thus, she ends up smooshed into the corner and under the flappy fold of the arm.
Her newest accomplishment? Coughing. Yes, I mean the fake cough. I'm not sure why, but she thinks this is a good way to get attention. Which, she is alternating between this and the thumb-suck-twirl-the-hair gig, so I'd better get back to her.

2 comments:

Momma Sarah said...

HOLY SMOKES! She's grown so much! What a cutie-pie! I think she's starting to look more like Eric now...

Lori said...

your girls are sooo cute. i loved sitting behind gi in RS...thumb sucking is so stinkin cute....em was a peace maker in nursery, someone ripped a toy away from caleb and em got it back for him, way to stick up for your freind!