04 July 2009

Finally, Some Fun

Susan has been here for a month and we haven't gotten to go and do very many fun things. She's been exposed to the hum-drum of our regular lives.
I decided that since my allergies are finally somewhat bearable, we should go do something. We went to Dauset Trails and had a fun time reading the latin names for all the animals. It was the first time we've seen many of the animals actually out and moving. It was a nice, cooler day, so they were feeling a bit friskier than usual.
Last night a friend of Eric's invited our family to go bowling with them. We don't typically get out to do those types of things. The last time we went real bowling (Wii tournaments don't count, Ryan and Stef!) was shortly after we got married. The couple was really cool and don't have any kids of their own, so they were really cute to watch with our girls. Of course, none of us could keep up with the guy (he used to play on a league), but Susan and Eric did pretty well. I didn't break 100 either time, but I still had tons of fun. Oh, and I can't forget the embarrassment of the night. Emily was bowling, too, and she did just as well as I did. She bowled a 70 and I bowled a 71. Go figure. But, at least I have good form! (Now for the muscles to help with consistency and speed!)
After bowling, we went on a junk food run and stayed up entirely too late, but it was fun, too.
I'm making a list of things to do in/around Georgia to have kind of like a reference list for ideas of things to do. If you have an idea or a favorite, please leave it/them in a comment for me to add!

1 comment:

The Doctors Wife said...

I love visiting historical sites like Savanah, Kennesaw Moutain, and Stone Mountain. I think it is stone mountain that does the laser shows. I can't remember it has been a long time.