29 September 2008

FHE at a Liquor Store

Contradiction in terms? Sadly, this IS how we spent our FHE tonight. Eric called to let me know he was on his way home. Ten minutes later, I got another phone call. He asked me to bring the gas can and meet him at a funeral parlor parking lot. Apparently waiting was too much for him and he walked the bike further down Pio Nono (just for those of you who AREN'T from Macon, GA, you pronounce that "Pie-ah No-nah") and we met up at a gas station. As Eric poured the gas in, it trickled out. Then, as he attempted to crank it up, gas poured out. Precious gas just running freely out of the bike!! (BTW, there is a gas shortage in northern GA...so that's a reality coming to us soon if things don't change.)
Seeing as the scooter wasn't going to hold ANY gas to get it going long enough to get anywhere, our next option was for me to follow Eric with my hazards on as he walked the bike to the shop we purchased it from. We made it to the next stop light and opted to pull into the parking lot there.
Miracles of miracles, some of Eric's buddies saw us and turned around to see if they could help. After diagnosing the bike with some serious issues, we let them get on to their activity for the evening and awaited Eric's dad who had a trailer. It was during this rendezvous with his friends, I finally realized what this "Silly Willy's Package Store" really meant. We were sitting in the parking lot of a drive-thru liquor store! Oh, it's classic and I know many of you are just dying laughing, but it really is a drive-thru liquor store!
You think the fun is over? Wrong! Emily had to go potty and no where to go potty. So, I pulled her around to the side of the van and let her pee right there (I know, gross and TMI, but you have to understand ALL the chaos of the evening). SHE thought it was hilarious and because she started laughing, it got everywhere!
When Eric's dad finally arrived (it had gotten dark by this point and Eric got off work at 5:45pm), we got the bike up on this tiny little trailer and then realized that the smallest jolt was going to knock the bike over. So, Evil Knievel...aka my husband, straddled the bike to brace it while I followed behind with my hazards on (the trailer lights ended up being dead). Although he was wearing his bike helmet, I really wondered how much that would help him were the bike to slip and force him to the road from that height (he was straddling the bike, which means he was standing up on the trailer and was taller than the Jeep). Oh, and to make things even funnier, his dad handed him a rope that was tied to the posts on either side of the trailer, making a sort of "reins" for the trailer...with Eric perched on top with bike helmet on, it was quite the picture.
Next week, let's hope for a different kind of FHE.

4 comments:

Momma Sarah said...

I am laughing to hard I have tears running down my face just picturing that scene!!!! I hope we don't have a FHE like that one - ever! Where WAS your camera??? That would have been awesome!

Ryan said...

So what was wrong with the bat-mo-scooter?

Boyd Box said...

apparently a screw worked itself loose from the fuel system causing it to lose pressure. they fixed it today, so the "bat-mo-scooter" is back in action. =)

miss said...

Boys can pee outside much easier than a girl; the only thing I envy boys on! (unless a catheter is involved!)