05 September 2008

0 for 2

Yesterday was a really busy day for us. Eric's days off usually end up that way b/c we think we have to squeeze every last thing into it! However, if was a really exciting day for us. We got to go to the doctor and do the ultrasound for this new baby. We have felt so sure that this little one was going to be a boy that we've even referred to it as "Teddy". Guess what?
So, I'm laying there on the table with Emily holding my hand (she really is disturbed by me being on the table at the doctor's office) while she sits in Eric's lap. The ultrasound lady (is there a technical term for her?) quickly takes all the shots she needs...Baby Boyd being cooperative, unlike our first! Then she turns the screen so we can all see and asks if we'd like to know what we're having. YES!! That's why this appointment is the funnest!! It's like the mid-term surprise we get to celebrate (this is our version of pregnancy, so any of you who'd rather wait, kudos to you for not peeking early!) She pulls that image and points and says, "Looks like you're having a girl!" Eric and I were so shocked that she was a little concerned and then asked, "Were you hoping for a boy?" No, we weren't HOPING for a boy, we just really felt strongly that it would BE a boy.
Anyway, this is way better so Emily can have a sister to grow up with who is close in age, PLUS we don't have to spend as much getting clothing and things together for a boy.
So, next time I am pregnant, I'll listen to my "instincts" and know that it is the opposite of what I think. It was that way with Emily. It was that way for Baby Girl #2 (we haven't actually settled on her name quite yet...I think we're still a little shocked that it's a girl).

2 comments:

The Doctors Wife said...

congrats on another girl. I always knew the instant I found out I was pregnant the sex my babies. I'm 4 for 4 now. And the correct term I believe is sonographer or Ultra sound tech. But, I could be wrong with that.

The Roes said...

Maybe Emily and Baby Girl Boyd will have a twin like relationship like you and me!