12 June 2012

I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself

If you don't know this song...it feels like my life right now. All except the "now that we are through" part. I just don't know what to do with myself...especially after being entertained by my family for two weeks. I just can't wait for us to close on this house, have the movers come, and to be permanently back with my husband again. I just miss him and look forward to our official move. So, in the meantime, I've created a new nightgown for Emily out of one of his old t-shirts (especially great since it was a freebee in the first place for him). She has gotten so leggy that most of her pj's are a bit...revealing. I'm working on Gianna's afghan which is also one of her Christmas presents (I hope to have it finished before the movers get here to pack us). I want to do more sewing, but that is apparently a happy-happy hobby which is undermined while I'm missing my best friend. I keep practicing the piano and trying to keep up on my skill (oh! Did I mention that I got to play accompaniment in the women's group at church in Missouri a couple weeks ago? Intimidating a bit, but so satisfying that I could be at service). I've also gotten involved with indexing. I tried doing it a few years ago, but I didn't get batches that were very easy for me. The new system is AMAZING! It's so quick and it is easy to do a batch every day. Some of the names are like puzzles due to handwriting. It's always gratifying to figure out something that wasn't completely obvious.

No comments: