10 June 2012

Farm Fresh

I'm not a big goat fan, but these goats were really cute. My brother Micah invited us to his friends' farm to show the girls cows, chickens, turkeys, and goats up close and personal. I didn't realize how many "firsts" the trip would make. 1. First time on a "real" farm. 2. First time up close with most of these animals (my parents have chickens, so they had just had their first experience with live chickens a few days prior). 3. First time riding in a truck. 4. First time hanging out with Uncle Micah. 5. First time riding a 4-wheeler/atv (okay, so they rode a 4-wheeler a few days prior with him, but all of us rode together on a big one at the farm) Emily took lots and lots of pictures with her camera (she has a talent developing!) but I haven't put those on the computer yet. Micah and his girlfriend commented that the girls weren't afraid at all of these animals. I don't know if we grow into fear or if it was just that they trusted us that much not to endanger them or what, but I wouldn't have gone in the pen with those birds or out with the cows! We drove over to another place and saw these cute goats. The girls got to feed and pet them. They loved it. When Emily got tired (who said you have to take naps at Grandma's house?), she asked for a piggy-back ride. I got her up there and then she declared, "Mommy, you feel like a billy goat. You aren't comfortable." Um...thanks, honey. You know how to tell it. =)

No comments: