17 May 2011

Inspiration in the Air

It is gorgeously cool outside. A nice, brisk breeze wafting through the house. Overcast but "happy" light. It's really a beautiful day.
On this beautiful day I am daydreaming of dresses and outfits I want to create. I have visions of grandeur in my head but I am feeling rather down about the fabric choices available in my local market. Don't get me wrong; there are some great fabrics to be had but they are either in the wrong material or just aren't fitting in with the ideas in my head.
So, perhaps I'll be brave an actually order material online...aka "un-felt". I'm not a professional in my hobby of sewing, so I don't really know all the appropriate names for fabrics and such. I just know if it feels and looks like the pictures in my head for different projects.
And, it's too bad I can't somehow take a mental and emotional picture of the feelings this day has inspired. It would really be a beautiful piece if I could weave it into a creation.

No comments: