06 May 2011

I Love My Bike

It's nearing the three year mark since Eric bought me my bike. I have to say that although I was incredibly hesitant at the purchase, I am really, really glad he did this for me. We love riding around together as a family and the whole school run for Emily is so much more enjoyable when you are getting exercise and fresh air.
I'm giving myself a "dare" this month and am seeing how far I can make a tank of gas extend. My goal is to only use one tank, but with the events that are lined up for this month, that's basically impossible. However, the challenge is still on and I am working hard to attain my goal or at least as close to my goal as possible.
Today I needed to return some DVD's to the Redbox. The nearest location is about five miles from us. I figured since we don't have too many REAL hills on that trip that it would be doable with only Gianna in the bike trailer. Sure, my toes were a little throbbing since this is the first time I've done this kind of a trip, but somehow the trip to Kroger seemed longer than the return.
I know ten miles isn't a lot of miles and that the ride itself wasn't strenuous, but it sure does make me feel like a million bucks. I don't know if that is the exercise, the fresh air, the savings on gas/miles, or the sense of accomplishment, but I sure love it!!
As an added bonus, we've slipped into a few days of true spring weather and it is heavenly! I wish the bike ride could be as entertaining for Gianna as it is for me because I'd just get on and see how far I could ride in one direction for the rest of the day.

3 comments:

Em said...

YOU RODE YOUR BIKE TO KROGER!!!!! You are superwoman!!

Em said...

BTW...isn't there a Redbox return at CVS?!

Boyd Box said...

Not at the one closest to us yet. But yes, I did ride all the way to Kroger, but it was via Jones Road so I stayed off of the busy Hartley Bridge Road, although I'm not sure Skipperton was much better. =)