19 March 2011

I Love Quotes

Sometimes the best thoughts can be contained in short quotes.
For instance, “Etiquette allows people to see the positive things about you.” --Anna King.
Or Eric's quote, "You have to care about people for their sake, not your sake."
Another favorite quote is, "To love another person is to see the hand of God." --Victor Hugo
Or another great one by the same gentleman, “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved -- loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.”
At some point in my life I hope I collect in a notebook (or some other way) all of the wonderful quotes that have inspired me and bettered me as a person.

4 comments:

April said...

I like that last quote... do you know who said it or is that private?

Boyd Box said...

The one about being loved in spite of ourselves? Sorry, I didn't make that clear. It's Victor Hugo. Seriously, he was one inspired man!

April said...

Yes, that one. Thanks for sharing. I like it. I'm going to write it down in my journal.

kemeki said...

I've randomly tried to start quotation journals (and I have an old English teacher's voice screaming in my brain that it's "quotation" not "quote" - UGH!), but I've never succeeded. I even have a current email in my inbox dedicated to that - that might just get updated with that last Hugo quote you shared!