10 March 2011

The Gift of Tongues

There are so many skills, talents and abilities one learns as a mother. One such talent is having the gift of tongues. I'm always having to interpret what my two year old says to my parents over the phone. It's pretty funny. Sometimes I don't get it right and sometimes the words she DOES say sound a little...bad. Just think "truck" from a 2 year old, except her's isn't truck, it is both "fox" and "frog" which sound like the same bad word.
Now that Emily is an artist and author, I'm using those same skills with the written word. One of her drawings that she brought home today reads "HAPLEEVERFRDEN" across the top of the page. Instantly I knew what it meant, but still asked her to confirm. Sure enough, it means "Happily Ever After. The End."
Being a mom is seriously the BEST job ever. The End.

1 comment:

Momma Sarah said...

AMEN! And that's the TRUTH!