18 December 2010

Dress for Success

Glamorous. Yes, that's a nice, nice compliment.
This week we had our annual Christmas party for our local branch of the Relief Society, an all women's service group organized through The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Two of the more "mature" sisters gave me the greatest compliment by telling me that from head to toe I was "glamorous". WOW! Really?
My discovery? It's all in the shoes. Eric got me this snazzy pair of black and cream shoes last year and every time I wear them, I get beaucoup de compliments. They are by far the most expensive item in my wardrobe. Eric paid $28 (that included shipping) for them and they've definitely been a good investment.
Of course, I also have to thank my great find of $4 dark wash trouser jeans, too. They make everything look more fancy. I love telling people how much I paid for them because everyone seems to nearly fall over with the revelation.
Then, again, they didn't see me when I showed up to choir practice today in my PJ's with a stuffy/runny nose. That probably wouldn't quite qualify as "glamorous".

No comments: