01 November 2010

What I Would Give

I have this strange expectation that when you pay for a product or service, it should be reliable and deliver what it promises. Is that too much to ask? Apparently.
What service, you ask? Why, internet, my dear! It seems a fairly reasonable request to have reliable internet service in the year 2010.
We recently had business with Cox (strictly for internet service). It's the only thing we need in this "package" driven industry. All I want is when I boot up the internet, for it to sustain a connection without timing out or having trouble finding service. Cox began to fail at that a couple of months ago. We've done business with Cox for nearly five years and suddenly their service product (customer service is a whole different fish) just didn't deliver.
We are now with AT&T (again, strictly for internet service). It's DSL. It should be faster and more reliable than cable, right? WRONG! We still suffer from the internet not working. I can be composing an email or blog and when I want to save or publish, all the sudden I no longer have an internet connection. It's ridiculous!! This shouldn't happen.
Here's the loophole for internet providers: the phrase "up to". See, they don't actually have to ensure your ability to get the number of megabites or whatever that you are paying for by using that lovely catch phrase of two words. I HATE those two words because they hide the fact that the service provider stinks!
Now, some of you techies out there may think it's a problem with the modem. Nope. We've had those checked and AT&T even provided a new one. So, it can't be that problem. And, to top it off, I've heard the same complaints from others.
So, any of you internet service providers, you should truly consider offering a more reliable product. You'll keep business better and longer because we'll overlook poor customer service skills when we don't actually have to contact you to complain and have things fixed.

No comments: