13 November 2010

Feeling Sad

Yes. This is my own pity party. I really want to be happy for my friends and, truth be told, if I were in their shoes, I'd probably go, too. But, I'm not in their shoes. We'll be staying here while some of the greatest people we know leave for greener pastures.
I'm really feeling sad about it and felt like such a baby when I was given the news because I was fighting the tears from being obvious in my voice. We've really grown very close to a couple here in our ward and now they will be leaving for BYU for the Winter Semester.
I just want them to know that they are amazing people and they will go far in this world. Great people who we will miss very much but don't begrudge their opportunity...much. =)
Best wishes to them and don't mind me too much as I drop a tear or two out of selfishness.

1 comment:

The Roes said...

We can have a pity party together. Still waiting to see if our best friends are moving on to greener pastures in almost the same place as yours. Friends are easy to find, but Great Friends are few.