12 January 2010

Talent Show on the Horizon

Our ward is holding a Talent Show night in two weeks. I'm excited to see what everyone will share and put on display. I want to contribute in some way, but I'm finding myself a little unsure of what I would like to do.
I've never participated in a talent show before. In fact, I think I have only had one ward that ever did have a talent show...and certainly never attended any school that held one. I have always fantasized how they would be and "if I had the chance..." ideas. Now that I have the chance, I'm being a bum and not rushing headlong into it.
So, I'll take a little informal poll/suggestion box. What do you think I should do (and get pulled together in the next two weeks)?

3 comments:

Crystal said...

My mom always wanted my borther and I to do the Blues Brothers since he's tall and I'm short. A friend did this really funny act where he told this (bogus) story of his girlfriend cheating on him and how he wrote this poem to express his feelings then he read the words to Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive." (Feel free to make up your own story and use any popular song you feel)

The Doctors Wife said...

well, I think you should sew some outfits since you are super talented and then have a mini fashion show. or, do a lip sync to some song. I have a skit that is a fun one to do too and your whole family could be a part. I'll send that to you later if you are interested.

miss said...

Yes, you have...we did a skit at the ward talent show in DT. Remember me beeping my chair to a flatline?