15 January 2010

Handymen are Sexy

Some of you may be aware that we have been without water since yesterday morning. It's been cold down here in Georgia (obviously not what you northerners are experiencing, but it's abnormally cold in comparison to the past 4 winters I've been here) and we probably should have had our sprinkler lines flushed and winterized.
Anyway, Eric dug up the line and had it fixed yesterday, but the actual sprinkler line just doesn't intend to stay together (probably due to the frozen water in the pipes causing too great of pressure at the "weak" point).
Still, I really think it is an incredibly attractive quality in a man. I love that Eric will do the repairs on vehicles and the house. It saves so much money. Sure, sometimes it isn't easy and sometimes we have to do without for a period of time, but in the end, I am so incredibly grateful to be married to a man who isn't afraid to get out there and get his hands dirty (and ruin a few items of clothing, perhaps, too).
On TV, it's always the "young stud pool boy" or something that is the object of desire for women at home (again, as portrayed on tv...not sure it happens in real life). However, for me, it is my own husband who fixes all of the problems in my little world.
I also appreciate that when he doesn't have the time or knows he is not knowledgeable enough in a certain area, that he will be humble enough to ask for assistance. I just really love that about my husband and thought I would share.