25 January 2010

Ribbon or Collar



I was supposed to finish this Saturday before the shower, but apparently it took me too long to think through it. This is a variation on the shirt dress. I took one of my shirts and converted it but didn't want the elastic waist.
Anyway, now I'm looking at the collar and trying to decide how to finish it off. Do I use the collar or just the ribbon. I think the collar makes it look like a "little mommy" kind of dress but it seems heavy in the neck, too. With the ribbon I'm not sure if I like it or not. I DO love more color on the dress, so that's what I'm leaning towards. I'm also considering putting the ribbon edge along the bottom. Maybe that's what the ribbon collar is missing??
Any opinions out there??? The lady I made this for is scheduled for a c-section next week but leaves for Atlanta tomorrow. SOOooooo, the sooner the better...although the dress is actually fitted for a 9 month old baby (Gianna is my model and that's the "store size" she wears).

3 comments:

kemeki said...

I like it with the white collar.

Crystal said...

My vote is collar too. Maybe add a flower at the waist?

Kelli Ward said...

liz, as requested here is my opinion. first of all it looks great. i definately like the the collar better than the ribbon. another idea would be to make a lower more scoop neckline, turn under the edge and either gather it with some elastic or thread the ribbon through it to tie in a little bow in the back. just some things to think about, but great job.