10 December 2008

My Parents Are the Best

I know everyone thinks they have great parents, but mine are great, too. After Eric's accident, we attempted to go shopping for some more winter-type clothes (especially a dress) for Emily. It was quite the event for us...a toddler who is independent and strong-willed (whoops, just defined "toddler"), a broken husband who didn't even have a brace on his ankle yet (just some crazy "shoe" that didn't do much of anything), and an 8 month prego lady trying to push the wheel chair along with both of them in it. Just so you get a good picture in your head.
My mom called as I was pushing them up a ramp and I told her what we were doing (with no success). She took it upon herself to find some clothes for Emily and shipped them to us. It was definitely an early Christmas yesterday for Emily. Her eyes got as big as saucers when I handed her one of the packages and told her it was for her. Opening them and finding such adorable (or, in Emily terms "'rella clothes" which means they are pretty and she greatly approves) clothes...including two dresses was awesome.
My parents also sent us a check which more than covered our heater repair. How do you spell "gratitude"?...I..L-O-V-E...M-Y...P-A-R-E-N-T-S!

3 comments:

Stefanie said...

Parents are the best! Glad you guys got a little spoiled, everyone needs that every now and then.

Momma Sarah said...

No, my parents are the BEST! Hey, they were mine first! he he!! I couldn't ask for better. Glad you've got your heat back in business!

The Roes said...

I was up in the middle of the night thinking about how great our parents are!!! Too funny. I grow to appreciate them more and more as I get older.