13 December 2008

Buckle Up for Safety!

Things have gotten a little, shall we say, confused at times with getting us into the car with the wheelchair and whatnot. Well, I must say that I am extremely glad that Emily is a creature of habit. When we put her in the car last night, we had the wheelchair, her bag, her potty chair (she was going to her g-rents while Eric and I got to go on our date and since they are both a little less mobile at the moment, we figured we'd help them out), Emily, and of course, us. We opened the door and she climbed in while we loaded up everything else. Eric and I got in and buckled up and then we heard a little voice say, "buckle please". No, it wasn't the "still small voice" of the Spirit...it was Emily asking for help with her seat belts. She was really trying hard to do it, but knew she couldn't and made sure she was buckled up for safety before we started moving. THANK YOU, EMILY!!

2 comments:

The Roes said...

She is so stinkin cute!!! I can hear her saying that too. I hope Haydn reminds us when he's not buckled.

Momma Sarah said...

What a good girl! My kids freak out if I even start the van and they aren't finished buckling themselves. "Moooooom! I'm not buckled! STOP!" Thankfully, she's old enough to speak and verbalize what needed to be done!