31 October 2011

October Here and Gone




It has definitely been a FULL October.
We started the month with General Conference (the big and anticipated semi-annual broadcast from church leadership for the world). It was delightful and raised my spirits in knowing we are working hard to stay on the path of happiness.
I also had a Relief Society class to help teach sisters to sew (not a big turnout, but with the ability for each person who wanted to to be able to go home with a finished project).
Then, Eric and I celebrated our anniversary by holding a garage sale and making some good moola (trash to treasure!) and then having a whole day to ourselves as the girls stayed with their g-rents for the day AND night! Besides the annual Winner's Circle event, Eric and I never leave our children and even then we are surrounded with people. It was so enjoyable just to be a couple without any worries or obligations (minus the massage appointments we enjoyed that morning).
Finally, we had our Fall Festival at church which was...interesting. I hosted it with a small committee and I can definitely say that it was quite the learning curve. I hope I can remember the things to change or request or follow-up on next time so I can figure out a few more pointers. That is, if I am ever asked to host again.
Now it is Halloween itself. The last day of my favorite month of the year. I love Halloween and it is sad that it is almost gone already. One of our carved pumpkins rotted on the table (the other is WELL on it's way to complete decay, but we are hoping we'll still get to light it tonight). BUT, my house has recovered from last weekend's chaos AND I have a whole family of scarecrows sitting at my front door ready to great...well, us...because no one knows to come around the bend in the road to the rest of the cul-de-sac.

No comments: