14 October 2011

Conference Chat

I love to learn. Part of my joy in learning is to talk about the things I learn and to hear how someone else understands the same thing, but perhaps in a different light.
I invite you to join me in learning more about the gospel of Jesus Christ. We recently enjoyed General Conference and my sister and I have decided that we want to review the talks. So, we are going to talk about a talk each week and I'll try to post some of our review thoughts on here. I'd love to hear your thoughts about each talk, too!

Elder Richard G. Scott's The Power of Scripture
Love that memorizing scripture is like building friends. I felt huge pat on the back because we have chosen and have been memorizing scriptures as a family. It has increased the love of God's words by doing this together. I love hearing the scriptures from my children's lips. It has a beautiful power this way. It has brought us closer together.
I wrote in my notes that we need to read The Book of Mormon every year. This was further enforced when the Georgia Atlanta Mission President came down this past Sunday and issued the 90 day challenge to our ward to read The Book of Mormon completely in the next 90 days. I've learned so much already. The scriptures open up new windows of knowledge each time we read because we are different people in different situations because, as mortals, we are constantly changing.

No comments: