16 September 2011

Let Me Be the Parent

I don't want this to get into a rant, but I've had about enough of everyone's "concern" about my children and their education. Leave it to my husband and I to receive revelation and inspiration regarding our children. I let you do it for yours! Last time I checked, God entrusted US with these particular children, not a third party AND I haven't asked for your advice because I trust that my husband and I can receive that direction in our own way.
I have been bombarded with different individuals giving me unsolicited advice on a particular subject: my child's educational opportunities. Guess what? We pray ALL the time about how to raise our children, and education is one of those key points. If God has a different way for us to follow, let HIM instruct us, not you. Secondly, we have done our research. That is not just research about the school and teachers with whom we have entrusted our daughter , but also research and study of our own dear child and her needs and how best they can be met. Lastly, and just as importantly, we educate on all aspects of life in our home all the time. We aren't relying on any one source of education to fill that need. I'm not saying I'm a genius at motherhood, but I will say that I try to stay in-tune with the things my kids are interested in AND to their level of understanding (which is generally on a higher plane than a lot of people will give credit).
So, while I sit here and have my opinions and information and reasons for choosing something, you can sit there and have your own and have them as different as you want them to be. The difference is, I'm letting you choose, so why won't you give me the same respect and let me choose for my family?

1 comment:

Em said...

Whoa! You tell 'em Liz!! Love ya!!