19 September 2011

Angelic Face

I just wanted to share something beautiful with all of you. As you know, I teach music to the Primary children (ages 3-12) at my church. It's a great callihttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifng for me because I love to sing. It's also great because the kids are great. Yes, sometimes a bit unruly, but that happens.
Yesterday, I got a little bit of heaven shared with me. The children are practicing their songs for the annual Primary Presentation (where they get to do the big congregation program to share what they have learned this year. It is music and the spoken word kid-style.) As we began singing a beautiful, sweet song about Jesus Christ("Did Jesus Really Live Again?"), I was looking at all the children and making sure they were confident singing the words. There was one young boy who just radiated the spirit. I wish I could have captured the image to share with you. I am blessed because it is imprinted forever upon my mind. As he sang this song, I felt his testimony as well as the love of Jesus Christ. I couldn't help it; I started to cry.
Oh, if only I could sing with that Spirit! What a beautiful experience for me! I am so grateful for this child and his parents for raising him to be capable of shining forth. Truly, "Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your alight so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

No comments: