21 September 2011

It's Nearly Autumn!

It has "cooled" off here in the South. I term that with quotes because it is relative cooling...a drop in twenty or thirty degrees is quite a cold front. I'm loving it. My favorite season is the fall. There are wonderful colors, smells, foods, and you get to pull out your warmish clothes (well...eventually I will get to. Sweaters at 80 degrees isn't really fun...or cool).
I've always loved autumn. As a kid, I loved going back to school and starting that new year. Yes, I realize that classifies me as a bona fide nerd, but I own it. I still see Fall as being the beginning of new things. And, it isn't school's fault, either. I started my mission in the fall. I moved here in the fall. I got married in the fall. See? Great things happen at this time of year.
So, celebrate tomorrow with something Fall Festive and let me know what you did!

3 comments:

April said...

I love Fall too. It's my favorite time of year. It's cooled off here in Utah too and I love it!

The Roes said...

I got to come home with a new baby...talk about new beginnings! I love fall as well. I love getting to drink hot apple cider and hot cocoa. Fall foods are the best too! I always think of spiced ham and baked apples on a cool autumn evening. Ahh..sounds delicious!

Momma Sarah said...

I have to say that I love Fall, too! Even though we didn't have much of a summer here in the PNW! The Autumn foods and change of pace are always great!