06 October 2010

Sometimes I Get Homesick

I know that "Home is where the Heart is" but sometimes my heart misses other places. Well, actually, mostly just ONE other place. There are certain scents and weather and sometimes the sun is shining just right that it makes me miss a place that is still very dear to my heart.
That place? Provo. I know. I know. Go on and laugh. It's more than the great University I was able to attend. It's more than being able to be learning new and exciting things. It's more than the amazing roommates I was blessed with.
I miss the mountains. I miss the way the seasons changed there. I miss the random outdoor activities that were available. I miss being able to go up to Temple Square...or the Provo temple.
Today is one of those days. Of course, I tend to have a lot of these days around General Conference time. It was so wonderful to drive up to Temple Square and be there with the other thousands of members. Granted, there were hecklers and craziness surrounding the Square, but inside, it was safe and good and joyful.
Some day I will get my wish and I'll be able to attend an actual session of General Conference inside the Conference Center. Until then, I will happily go about watching it at church, with friends, and with my inlaws.
But, I will probably remain a little homesick for those comforting mountains in Provo.

No comments: