13 February 2012

Happy Valentine's Day


Did you know that making 30 unique Valentine's cards is hard work and requires more than an hour? Of course, that's partially because the designer and artist was a 5 year old. We just spent every moment from the time she got out of school until she went to bed creating these lovely works of art...and then deciding which one would go to which classmate at school.
It was a lot of fun. I definitely will try to do better next year and have the creation process completed before the eve of Valentine's Day, but I'm still a beginner at this!
I will also know that I cannot actually watch the creation process. I'm too much of a perfectionist and spent too much time freaking out over the abundance of glue my children used. BREATHE, Liz! It'll all be okay. Glue dries...eventually...
Anyway, we did enjoy the activity and I look forward to more years of construction paper creations with my children.

1 comment:

Momma Sarah said...

AWESOME! We cut out hearts today to decorate (I thought we were just going to cover the dining room wall). The girls put them EVERYWHERE! Front door (in and outside) random places on the walls and furniture. I know what you mean about breathe! I love that she made her own valentines to hand out! Perfect!