04 February 2012

Amazed by You

I have been singing for quite awhile and have had several opportunities to sing in front of both small and large groups. I have yet to experience one of these events without shaking knees and a tremor in my voice. I wish I was that brave but I just am not. And, it doesn't seem to make any difference the frequency with which I "perform"...it's just always a bit uncomfortable for me.
In what appears to be a complete contrast with me, my daughter just nails it when she performs. The child is amazing and doesn't let nerves get the best of her. She sang very well last night at her school's talent show. This wasn't just an anybody can perform kind of deal...you need some talent to be selected. She was the only one her age that performed and she was one of the best singers last night. She stayed on key, knew her words and music AND wasn't even flustered by the mic not being turned on when her music started.
I'm definitely proud of my little darling girl. She draws her strength from her faith in Christ. She practiced a couple times on the way to the school and kept messing up. She said a prayer for herself and, well, the results are there to see. If you haven't gotten to see her yet, send me a message and I'll email you the info so you can watch the clip.
Emily, I am definitely amazed by you and all you do.

No comments: