21 May 2008

Anticipation

My parents and youngest brother are headed down to visit us this weekend. We're excited to have them here. The last time they came down was a day after we came home from the hospital with Emily. Although we didn't let that stop us from going and doing, it will be more fun this time when Emily can really interact with them and we can show them some of Georgia's heritage. I think we'll go to Andersonville (it was the worst prison camp during the Civil War and has been featured on the History Channel, if you are interested). I'd also like to take them to one of the peach orchards that are near-by. Fresh peach ice cream is so yummy, and it's been my tradition to do that with Daisey and her mom every year. Wonder if we can capture Ma for an afternoon... The boys are all going paint balling Saturday (or at least that's the current plan). That means the girls should get a treat, too! Stef mentioned pedicures. I don't think Mom has ever had one, so that'd be fun to treat her to...a be-lated Mother's Day, I'd say. Now, if we could just really figure out how to maximize their time here...
Emily does NOT understand the concept of "Friday" or "soon". I keep mentioning to her that they are coming and each time she immediately says, "kay," and runs to the door. She thinks they need to be here NOW!

1 comment:

Momma Sarah said...

She might be a little young yet, but try making a paper chain that she gets to tear off one link each night before bed. It would be fun for her anyway... tearing up paper! I always tell my kids how many 'night sleeps' until the event.

Oh, and if you are ever looking for a girls name, what about elsaia? It's the word verification this time... Elsa??? =)