20 December 2013

Christmas Joys

It's the little things that make Christmas a magical time of year.
A friend, whom I highly respect and admire, dropped by last night to give me a gift:  a gift of her delicious homemade bread and these beautiful pot holders.  Seriously, I may never use them because they are beautiful.  In fact, I may just decorate that space above my sink with them because they completely match my kitchen!!
 Then we had an impromptu kid's Christmas party today.  I baked some gingerbread men and let them decorate them.  We played a couple of games and watched a movie.  Simple.  Sweet.  Fun.
 Want some?
We have also gone caroling and visiting others.  We've taken pictures, made gifts,  and finally got the Christmas tree up and decorated.
How do you make your holidays "bright"?