19 December 2012

Time for a Laugh at My Expense

You know how moms seem to be really good at multi-tasking and can basically be classified as superheroes? Well, not this mom. In fact, this mom learned something very profound tonight. Grilled cheese does not make for a good open-faced sandwich. I carefully placed two slices of bread on the sandwich maker grill facings. I then applied the sliced cheese with added chunks in what would then become the center of those halves. Next, I closed the lid on the machine and walked away to set the table. When I returned, I noticed two slices of bread sitting patiently next to the sandwich maker. Horrified, I opened the machine and saw the rest of the sandwiches glued nicely to the top grill plates. Yep. Lesson learned: grilled cheese sandwiches do not make good open faced sandwiches.

No comments: