03 October 2012

Donating Blood, Confidence Boost

We had a blood drive at church tonight. We had a pretty good turnout. I donated, too, and I enjoy it because it makes me feel good that I can help others out in such a way. What I didn't expect was the confidence boost. Before allowing me to donate, the second lady did a double check on my birthdate...she thought I looked too young and needed to check that I was at least nineteen. Um, yep! But, it was really nice of her to think so!! If you've been sitting on the fence to donate blood, let me encourage you to do so. Service always brings joy and this type of service takes about an hour, but in the end, you help up to three individuals! That's pretty impressive and doesn't require too much of you. There's always a need. Check out your local American Red Cross and go donate today or find out when the next local drive is scheduled. It'll bless your life and the lives of others!

No comments: