29 May 2012

Humbled on the Road

I wish I had a picture of this, but since I was the only adult in the car and I was driving, it was impossible. On our latest trip, we drove through a town that was honoring fallen soldiers. All along the median there were white crosses topped with American flags. I was humbled as I drove along and pondered on the blessing of living in this country. Here, where I have the freedom to jump in my car and make a road trip and drive through the expanse of a unified country. Sure, there are parts that we, as a people, do not agree upon, but in the end, we are all citizens of a great country which has been protected and provided for through the sacrifice of something very great: the life of someone's son/daughter/parent/etc. I silently thank these people and give my gratitude for the freedoms I am blessed with because of their love.

1 comment:

Em said...

Beautiful! I would have started crying right there! How blessed we are!