13 December 2011

At the End of the Day, You're Grateful

I've really become a homebody since getting married and having kids. There was a period of adjustment, but after having my second child, I just really prefer to stay home and "mind my own business". Sometimes I probably verge on being reclusive.
There are reasons for that. For instance, with a child in school and our continued crazy work schedule we flex with for Eric, time at home comes at a premium for our family. But, even when those two are gone, I just like to be at home and play with Gianna or sew or read, or...well, you get the picture. It isn't because I don't like people...it's just there is effort involved. =)
So, a friend of mine needed some sewing assistance. I agreed to help and although I was tempted to cancel (all because of the time of day she would be available conflicted with picking up Emily), I made the necessary arrangements and went.
Guess what? I was really happy that I went. It was good to sit and talk and accomplish something productive, too. I much prefer DOING something when I'm with a friend than just languishing about talking about nothing good.
At the end of the day, I'm grateful that I was able to spend some time with a friend AND help her in a time of need. Too bad it takes such a kick in the pants to get me going to start with.

1 comment:

The Doctors Wife said...

I hear ya. I'm the exact same way. I just prefer to be at home doing my own thing.