25 June 2011

Gratitude for Allergies

There are things that are really hard to see the good thing about. I'm one of those that suffers from seasonal allergies. Sadly, they have gotten worse as I have aged but this also coincides with residency in my current state.
Tonight I am grateful that only one of my eyes is allergic to whatever sheds it's pollen in the evening hours. At least I can still see and mostly function. Of course, as I was clearing the table after dinner, I had to announce to my husband NOT to come around the corner because I didn't want to inadvertently skewer him. My vision is a bit off (I've removed the contact lens and have even patched the offending eye...which has strangely helped as it doesn't get the allergen into it in the first place) so I don't trust my depth perception.
I'm still not sure what blessing comes from the allergy (except perhaps it means that things are flowering and growing...) but I can be grateful that only one eye is involved in the onslaught of symptoms of said offending bits of nature.

No comments: